Mandrakes are one of the most famous plants in the Wizarding World and play a big part in Hogwarts Legacy. In this guide, we will learn more about mandrakes, including their background, how they are used, and where they can be found in Hogwarts Legacy. We will also talk about why they are dangerous and how to avoid mandrakes.
What is a mandrake?
In Hogwarts Legacy, mandrakes are cunning plants that cry when they are pulled out of the ground. Their cries are so loud that a person can die from hearing them.
What is the appearance of a mandrake?
Mandrakes have an appearance like roots that look like a baby’s head and are pale and rubbery. When a mandrake plant gets big enough, it grows leaves and flowers.
History of Mandrakes in Hogwarts
Mandrakes have been grown in the greenhouses at Hogwarts for hundreds of years. They can be used to make potions and other special mixtures, which makes them useful for both students and teachers.
Hogwarts Mandrakes have been around for a long time. The first Mandrakes were brought to Hogwarts by its founders, Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. The founders wanted Hogwarts students to be able to use Mandrakes, which are strong and can change shape.
Mandrakes have changed the past of Hogwarts. You can use them to make portions, heal wounds, and even bring the dead back to life.
Mandrakes saved the day in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. In the book, Basilisk attack students at Hogwarts. We have already spotted a Basilisk in the game.
- The Basilisk is a huge snake that can kill just by looking at you. Only the poison from a Mandrake can kill a Basilisk.
- Harry and his friends find Mandrakes and use their poison to kill the Basilisk. So, the Basilisk won’t be able to kill any more children.
Where can I get Mandrake in Hogwarts Legacy
You can get Mandrake in no time if you follow along. However, there are three ways to get Mandrakes in Hogwarts Legacy. Firstly, you can buy them, and it’s the easiest way to acquire Mandrake.
Where can I buy Mandrake Hogwarts Legacy
You can buy Mandrakes from two places. One of the places is, Dogweed & Deathcap, and another one is from Leopold Babcocke. Now, to get to Dogweed & Deathcap, you must go to Hogsmeade.
Dogweed & Deathcap
Now, open your map and locate the bridge on the North or the Upper side of Hogsmeade. Look at the map I have provided below for further help.
Great. You need to cross the bridge and follow the path towards the North. After a while, you will reach the first place in our list where you can buy Mandrake.
Now, enter Dogweed & Deathcap. Then, talk to the lady standing behind a table. Her name is Beatrice Green.
After you are done talking, go through her stock to buy Mandrake. But keep in mind that the price of Mandrakes in Hogwarts Legacy is 500 Galleons.
Just in case you are looking for more Mandrake, then you need to visit an in-game merchant named Leopold Babcocke. He sells a lot of items, including Mandrake in Wanderer Shop.
You can find Leopold Babcocke west of East North Ford Bog Floo Flame, near a ruin in Hogsmeade Valley. I have given you the exact location of Leopold Babcocke below.
Where can you find Mandrakes in Hogwarts?
If you are like me, then you won’t spend too much money on an item. Therefore, I know a way to save 500 Galleons. Moreover, you might not find Mandrake in any shop, so you can use this alternative way to get it.
The Forbidden Forest
Outside of Hogwarts, there is a dangerous place called the Forbidden Forest. In the Forbidden Forest, you can find mandrakes. You will need help to find it, even though it grows in the forest. Thus, I’ll pinpoint Mandrake’s location.
You will find a small house if you reach where I have pointed. Here, you’ll fight some of the dead.
You will see a big tree outside the house and a body close by. His attempt to take the Mandrake ended in failure, according to a note found on the corpse.
You can find three Mandrake at this location. You’re welcome, as you just saved 1500 Galleons.
How do you plant a Mandrake in Hogwarts Legacy
You have the option to grow any plant in Hogwarts Legacy. So, we can plant a Mandrake. But we need a few things before we can cultivate a Mandrake.
- First, you must have a Potting Table. Then, you will need at least one small pot and Mandrake seeds. You can also manage fertilizer while you’re at it. But it’s optional. Now, you are set to go.
You can buy Mandrake seed from Dogweed & Deathcap. You already know how to get there, as I showed you the way above. Now, keep it in mind; the seed will cost you 800 Galleons and will get 5 Mandrake seeds per packet.
- Afterward, head to your Potting Table and place a seed in a pot. It will take 10 minutes for a Mandrake to grow. Collect your Mandrake after 10 minutes.
These are the three ways you can get Mandrake in the game.
How do you use Mandrake in Hogwarts
We can use mandrakes for many different things in Hogwarts Legacy. They can be used to do the work that Herbology Professor Garlick gives, but they can also defend you in a fight.
- When a Mandrake is pulled out of the ground, it shrieks and releases a strong stun effect. You can use this effect to stun and hurt enemies in a certain area, giving you time to hit them or run away.
- The mandrake root is an important part of the Mandrake Restorative Draught, which is used to heal and bring back to life people who have been petrified, a situation in which a person turns to stone.
The importance of Mandrakes in Hogwarts
Here are a few of the ways that Mandrakes are important in Hogwarts Legacy:
- Mandrakes can be used to finish quests, are a key ingredient in many potions, and can be used to fight off foes.
- It is useful for restoring persons cursed or transfigured to their original state, and can heal wounds.
- Mandrakes can be used to hurt or stun people.
The Dangers of Hogwarts Mandrakes and How to stay safe around them
Due to the fact that mandrake could be dangerous in the wizarding world of Hogwarts Legacy, it is important to take certain measures. Here are some safety tips for being around Mandrakes:
- Protect your ears. When a Mandrake is pulled out of the ground, it will shriek and scream very loudly. This scream can kill people, so it’s important to protect your ears when you’re around Mandrakes.
- Mandrakes should not be touched. Mandrakes are dangerous and can make you sick if you touch them. If you touch a Mandrake by mistake, wash your hands right away.
- Wear clothes that protect you. When working with mandrakes, wear the right safety gear, like gloves and long arms. This keeps you from touching the plant’s skin, which could be dangerous.
- Do not pull a Mandrake out of the ground. If you need to move a Mandrake, slowly dig it up with a shovel or another tool. Don’t pull it up from the ground, or it will scream.
- The sounds of adult mandrakes are not deadly. Most of the time, they are easier to handle than the babies. But it is still important to be careful and do things the right way.
- Follow the rules for herbology. If you are learning mandrakes or working with them in a Herbology class, you should always follow the rules that your teacher gives you.
Remember that these safety tips only apply to the world of Hogwarts Legacy.